Tender chicken breast covered in a velvety sauce, with crispy kale chips and couscous. Our Chicken with Honey-Mustard and Kale Chips is full of rich flavors and textures.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 cups uncooked couscous
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 8 large leaves curly kale, torn into shreds
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Warm 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining olive oil, 3 packets of Dijon mustard, 1 packet of salt, and 1 packet of pepper. Toss the chicken breasts in the bowl and coat evenly.
- Lay the chicken in the skillet and cook each side for 7 minutes. While the chicken is cooking, combine the yogurt, 2 packets of Dijon mustard, 2 packets of honey, and mustard seeds in a small bowl and stir until well combined. Set aside.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the kale chips. Wash the kale leaves, pat dry, and tear into shreds, then place them in a large bowl. Drizzle leaves with the oil and massage into the leaves. Arrange the kale chips onto the sheet tray and slide it into the oven. Bake until the leaves are crisp to the touch but still a dark green, about 12 minutes. Stir the leaves in the oven once, at about 6 minutes. Remove them from the oven. Sprinkle with the paprika and salt.
- While the kale chips are cooking, make the couscous. Bring chicken broth to a boil in a 2-quart or larger saucepan and stir in the couscous. Cover the pot and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Drizzle with olive oil and juice from 1 lemon and fluff the couscous with a fork, breaking up any chunks.
- Serve the chicken with a dollop of honey mustard sauce and a side of crispy kale chips. Enjoy!
Check out our menu this week for other delish recipes!