Our Ginger Beef Stir Fy is entirely too good… Tender slices of steak marinated in a pan-Asian glaze, mixed with super fresh cilantro and ginger seasonings, and served with rice.
- 2 cups uncooked long grain white rice
- 3/4 cups pan Asian glaze marinade (see recipe below)
- 1 lbs flat iron steak
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1 tbsp chili sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1-2 tablespoon finely grated peeled ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 2-4 teaspoons hot red pepper flakes (use more for extreme heat!)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- In a medium saucepan, bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Cover, reduce heat to low, and allow to simmer for about 20 minutes or until all water has been absorbed.
- Meanwhile, season the steak with salt and pepper on each side. Slice the steak crosswise in 1/2-inch thick slices. Then cut each slice lengthwise into strips. In a medium bowl, mix the beef in with the marinade to coat and let it sit for 15 minutes in the fridge.
- Heat the oil in a wok, or a large sauté pan, over high heat until it is nearly smoking. As the oil is heating up, pat the beef dry and separate it into small batches no larger than what can fit into the palm of your hand. Working in batches, sauté beef until just brown outside but rare inside, no more than 1 minute. Transfer beef to a bowl.
- When all of the beef is cooked, put the chili sauce into the wok and stir-fry 30-45 seconds. Add the beef back to the pan. Add the green onion and mix everything together. Cook for 1 minute.
- Turn the heat off and mix in the cilantro. Serve at once with white rice.
Check out our menu this week for other delish recipes!