We love to share our recipes! Sharing is caring after all. Here is our very popular steak with pan-seared cherry tomatoes and rice recipe – easy and oh so good! This tender steak is seasoned with garlic and thyme, and is accompanied with flavorful seared tomatoes and rice.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4, 6oz flat iron steaks
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- 2 large thyme sprigs
- 1 1/4 cups white rice
- 4 oz cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp butter
- Combine chicken broth 2 cups of water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add the rice, cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F with the baking rack in middle. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Don’t let it smoke, but heat it until it’s hot, about 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, pat steaks dry and sprinkle each side with the salt and pepper.
- Sear the steaks, turning once, until well browned, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer steaks to a shallow baking pan and cook in oven until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center of steaks registers 120°F for medium-rare, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a platter and let stand 10 minutes.
- While the steaks rest, pour off the extra oil from skillet. Add remaining oil and heat over medium-high heat until it shimmers, then sauté garlic until golden, about 2 minutes. Be careful not to burn the garlic, or it will become bitter. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a plate. Carefully add tomatoes and thyme to hot oil, then lightly season (just a pinch or two) with salt and pepper and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, just until tomatoes begin to wilt, about 2-3 minutes. Spoon over steaks.
- Stir the butter into the rice and serve hot. Enjoy!
Check out our menu this week for other delish recipes!